From designer Shannon Cook, Driftlines is the best of both worlds: a cowl that looks like a shawl. Work this cowl with worsted weight yarn and size US 8 needles from the top down. First, work the piece flat before joining and knitting in the round.
This kit includes yarn and needle options only. It does not include the pattern. It can be purchased separately from the designer on Ravelry here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/driftlines
Kit Yarn Options:
- 3x skeins Baah Shasta (worsted weight; 100% superwash merino wool; 200 yards/100 grams)
- US 8 24" Red Lace Circulars from ChiaoGoo
- US 8 24" Bamboo Circulars from ChiaoGoo
- No Needle
Our sample shown is worked in Baah Shasta in Obsidian.
- This pattern includes written directions, schematic, and stitch count table. We recommend working from a printed pattern as you have to flip back and forth pattern sections at the start. You may also want to cross off rows as you work.
- Skills include: garter shawl tab, M1R, M1L, working in the round, slipped stitches, yarn overs.
- A 24" needle is all you need to work this cowl.
- If you are not comfortable with fixing mistakes, you may want to add lifelines periodically as you work.
- Because we didn't want a huge cowl, we skipped Rounds 89-96 and bound off about halfway through the border section.